What do you think are the 10 best YA books of all time? Head over to NPR and cast your vote. You’ll be able to choose from classics, series, and new favorites. Here’s what I voted for (in no particular order):
1. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
2. Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
3. His Dark Materials (series) by Philip Pullman
4. Paper Towns by John Green
5. The Hunger Games (series) by Suzanne Collins
6. Delirium (series) by Lauren Oliver
7. The Lord of the Flies by William Golding
8. The Giver (series) by Lois Lowry
9. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
10. Divergent (series) by Veronica Roth
As you can see, I chose a lot of series (it’s a sneaky way to choose more than ten books). I also chose two books by John Green because I felt they both deserved to be on the list. Otherwise, I tried to balance my choices: some are old, some are new, some are pageturners and some are thought-provoking (many are both).
What did you choose for your top 10? Feel free to share a couple (or the whole list) in the comments.